Sunday 31 October 2010

Holy waste of time, Batman

This is something I've been meaning to do for a while, now. Over the course of the next few months I will be playing and reviewing EVERY BATMAN GAME EVER! I'm fully aware that they are all, with a few notable exceptions (Arkham Asylum, Caped Crusader, Returns), absolute shit, but I'm gonna give them a go anyway.

I'm laying down a few bat-rules for myself:
  1. No Bat-Emulators -I hate emulators. I'm sure in the future, as components wither and die, they will become the only way to play old games. But for now, while old consoles are cheap, available and working, we should be seeking them out and using them.  All games will be played on their intended consoles, computers. I want the load times, refresh rate, game speed, control pad layout, etc. to be as authentic as possible. It's a big deal for me. The game playing experience, as an organic whole, should always include the original machine the game was coded for.
  2. No Bat-Cheating - It's a very rare event that I will use a cheat for a game. I mean infinite lives, ammo, etc. I MAY, on occasion, refer to a guide to advance beyond a particularly troubling part of the game. But apart from that, it's man versus machine.
  3. No Bat-Cribbing - I won't read or refer to any review or preview material until my own review is written. I have no idea what scores Gotham Racing, for example, received. I don't want my view influenced or clouded by preconceptions. 
  4. No Bat-Quitting - I will play each game to its thrilling conclusion. Yes, even Batman and Robin.
 For about me please visit my other blog here.
In the meantime, why am I doing this? Well I'll let the Dynamic Duo themselves ponder that one.

Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."

Indeed... now, let's fight some crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment